+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Backup Exec 2010 R3 in Technical; I've made a few posts recently about us moving over to Veeam for our backups and we have now replaced ...

Thank Post

Backup Exec 2010 R3

I've made a few posts recently about us moving over to Veeam for our backups and we have now replaced our server (BK1) Backup Exec 2010 R3 with Veeam 7 which does tape. The problem I have is that I still need to backup the physical server Veeam is running on and we have another backup server (BK2) still using Backup Exec but when I try and install the agent onto BK1 it gives me an error saying that an existing software already exists and wants me to remove the software before it will install the agent. The thing is I want to leave the software installed (but not in use) in the short term until we have a full months worth of Backups on Veeam as I want a safety net in case something goes wrong. If everything is OK after a few weeks I'm happy to remove it, but in the short term I have no real way of backing up the physical server except for turning the services back on to perform a back up on Symantic then turn then off for Veeam to do its thing.

The only difference I can see with the servers is BK1 is on Service Pack1 and BK2 is on Service Pack 2. If I upgrade BK1 to the same service pack will I be able to deploy the agent? Or can anyone else suggest something else?

Thank Post
    Our VEEAM physical server is backed up using the built in Windows Server Backup software Goes right over to our NAS box via iSCSI.

Thank Post
    Hmmm...thats not a bad idea, but as we are still using Backup Exec for our physical boxes, it makes sense to keep all Physical Servers backed up through 1 system. We wanted BE for Physical and Veeam for all our VM's. I'm just reluctant to remove something before I have a replacement already in place.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread