+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Trust Issues on Windows 7 Workstations in Technical; Hi I am recently getting a few unable to logon becuase of trust issues on Windows 7 machines, re-joining them ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    380
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Trust Issues on Windows 7 Workstations

    Hi

    I am recently getting a few unable to logon becuase of trust issues on Windows 7 machines, re-joining them to the domain works ok.

    Running DCDiag on our 2 DCs shows:

    Starting test: NCSecDesc
    Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have Replicating Directory Changes In Filtered Set access rights for the naming context: DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=DOMAIN,DC=LOCAL

    Error NT AUTHORITY\ENTERPRISE DOMAIN CONTROLLERS doesn't have Replicating Directory Changes In Filtered Set access rights for the naming context: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=DOMAIN,DC=LOCAL
    Is this related, or is it something wrong with the image? The image was SYSPREP'd before deploying.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Cache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,207
    Thank Post
    451
    Thanked 174 Times in 171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    64
    Don't think that's part of the problem, it seems to mean you haven't extended the AD schema for Read Only DC's: Dcdiag fails for NCSecDesc test on Windows 2008 Domain Controllers

    I occaisionally get the odd Windows Thin PC dropping off the network with trust issues, I normally put it down to the way I butchered the shell to simplify login. I do occaisionally think about it, but then take a look at the PC's I normally have to rejoin and it's always the same few, some have been running for over a year and a half without issue, others it's every 90 days or so.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    380
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Thanks, It has been running for nearly 2 years with no issues but these appear to be recent within the last few weeks.

  4. #4


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,583
    Thank Post
    228
    Thanked 855 Times in 734 Posts
    Rep Power
    295
    does the workstation refuse to logon with

    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

    if so disabling startup repair will probably cure or at worst severly reduce its chance of happening

    this as a startup script is what i use

    VER | findstr /l "6.1" > nul
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 goto _win7
    goto end
    :_win7
    if exist c:\startuprepairoff.txt goto end
    bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
    copy "\\domain.local\NETLOGON\win7\disablestartuprepair .bat" "c:\startuprepairoff.txt" /y

    :end
    Last edited by sted; 17th January 2014 at 10:29 AM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    380
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    does the workstation refuse to logon with

    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

    if so disabling startup repair will probably cure or at worst severly reduce its chance of happening

    this as a startup script is what i use

    VER | findstr /l "6.1" > nul
    IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 goto _win7
    goto end
    :_win7
    if exist c:\startuprepairoff.txt goto end
    bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures
    copy "\\domain.local\NETLOGON\win7\disablestartuprepair .bat" "c:\startuprepairoff.txt" /y

    :end

    Thanks

    Can you explain what it does exactly and what is in the \\domain.local\NETLOGON\win7\disablestartuprepair .bat batch file (and you know you have a space between repair and .bat)

  6. #6


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,583
    Thank Post
    228
    Thanked 855 Times in 734 Posts
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenmcginnis View Post
    Thanks

    Can you explain what it does exactly and what is in the \\domain.local\NETLOGON\win7\disablestartuprepair .bat batch file (and you know you have a space between repair and .bat)
    the disablestartuprepair.bat is what ive called the batch file i copy it to the local machine as an error check.

    what ot does os stops startup repair running because the pc wants to. it can still be run manually but wont autorun if the pc isnt shutdown right

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    380
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    the disablestartuprepair.bat is what ive called the batch file i copy it to the local machine as an error check.

    what ot does os stops startup repair running because the pc wants to. it can still be run manually but wont autorun if the pc isnt shutdown right
    Thanks

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    34
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    2
    "Test-ComputerSecureChannel -Repair" in Powershell when logged on as a local administrator sorts out most trust issues

  9. #9

    Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    9,262
    Thank Post
    242
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Rep Power
    340
    In my experience wireless clients suffer from this problem more than wired clients. Here's a simple solution to resolving this issue

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th November 2011, 02:04 PM
  2. Chrome ADMX parsing issue on Windows 2008R2 Server
    By jgcracknell in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th September 2011, 10:20 AM
  3. Ricoh driver issue on Windows 7 Clients
    By speckytecky in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd September 2011, 09:59 AM
  4. Oblivion Save Game issue on Windows 7
    By thetunnelrat in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th February 2010, 09:10 PM
  5. Intermittent performance issues on Windows 2k3
    By john_robinson001 in forum Windows
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th May 2007, 09:46 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •