+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Mapped Drives asking for Credentials...and other fun things in Technical; Hi all, I've heard good things about these forums so hopefully someone somewhere can give me a lift. Last night ...

Thank Post

Mapped Drives asking for Credentials...and other fun things

Hi all,

I've heard good things about these forums so hopefully someone somewhere can give me a lift.

Last night for reasons we are still looking into a static IP on one of our customers server was changed, from 0.1 to 0.2. This caused a great deal of problems.

Everything is slowly falling back into place but for now the mapped network drives are always asking for credentials before they can be accessed, this happens every time you log in.

There is also a problem with exchange/outlook, users are 'working offline' and are unable to connect, at the moment this isn't the end of the world as the OWA is accessible.

We where wondering if there was a possible trust issue, but we could really do without having to rejoin every user to the domain.

Has anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What is your DNS looking like? Has it updated to reflect the fact that the 0.2 address has changed back to 0.1?

Might be worth flushing the DNS cache on the server and then reregistering it with DNS and then flushing the DNS cache on a client, give it a restart and see if that helps sort things out?

Thank Post
    Hi, looks like it was just a question of waiting for everything to settle back down, drive mapping returned to normal with no further action taken, but it did take an hour or so to relax even after a couple of reboots and DNS flushes.

As for the emails, exchange was set up to receive external emails from 0.3 which is a separate spam filter, but the entry was deleted.

If definitely seems someone has got on to the server and fiddled with some settings, unfortunately I can't find anything in the event log so we're having to change the password and cross our fingers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread