+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Backup Exec 2012 in Technical; Good Morning, Every month I spend a couple of days checking that the SDR Backup will restore ok onto my ...

Thank Post

Backup Exec 2012

Good Morning,

Every month I spend a couple of days checking that the SDR Backup will restore ok onto my spare stand alone server, last month everything was fine and worked ok but yesterday I hit a snag the finance server recovered fine but the curric server didn't presenting me with an error message once it had rebooted after the recovery process had completed.

I did not think much about it at the time and thought it may have been the SDR disk so burnt another one and left it recovering overnight, but today I have the same error message as follows;

Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The setting specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing setting for component [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].

The only thing that has changed to my knowledge in the last month is the BE2012 was removed and reinstalled and the RDX Disks where re-cattalogued, I am still using the original SDR image and did not create a new one as I didn't think I would need to.

Does anyone know what the error is and how to get a round it ?? I have since re-created the SDR boot disk but the error still remains.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Thank Post
    OK I have an update, I have just installed SP3 on my 2008 R2 DC and after rebooting the server went into BE to check all was ok, when I went into test\edit credentials everything passes fine except for 2 devices.

On closer inspection its testing against the following;

1. C (OS)
    2. D (RDX Drive)
    3. E (Images Drive)
    4. F (Data Drive)
    5. System State

They all pass ok but then it fails against drives H & K which have the same icon as my RDX drive but they do not show up in BE or in Device or Disk Management in Windows, I am wondering if these 2 rouge disk storage devices are what is upsetting my SDR.

Is there anyway in BE 2012 to delete these to eliminate this issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread