That looks a handy guide so I'll follow that when i attempt to take it off line again. Just going through the Directory Service event log on the old server, and it is full of warnings about KCC, error 1925. I appear to be getting 3 errors at 15Minuite intervals. Looking at ways to resolve it at the moment.
Also, did you adprep forestprep etc. What OS are you going from and too.
sorry if you have mentioned this, i skimmed all the posts.
No worries! It's 2008R2 to 2008R2, so the same OS. The network did run on a 2003R2 DC but I upgraded it to the current 2008R2 server 2 years ago. I did raise the forest and domain function levels to 2008R2 just before I attempted to add this new server into the domain though!
forde52 (14th November 2013)
Now here's something odd. On the old DC I changed the DNS to only the old DC, removed the GC role (and i probably did something else but i'm not sure now), and it's now accepting the new server. I'm going to try demoting the old server now to see if everything is working like it should then i'll let you know how it goes!
So now everything is working, not sure how that made a difference but it has worked! Thank you everyone for your help/suggestions
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)