+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, How many of you disable UAC? in Technical; Originally Posted by DMcCoy I use these for UAC enabled, with the minimum of annoying messages for end users and ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    I use these for UAC enabled, with the minimum of annoying messages for end users and admins.

User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Elevate without prompting
    User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users: Automatically deny elevation requests
    User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations: Disabled
    Pretty much you have UAC disabled much like I do.

I've now also disabled User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    Pretty much you have UAC disabled much like I do.

I've now also disabled User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations
    It's not disabled, it's simply *denying* all the elevation requests for normal users, and failing writes when they try to use protected locations like program files. So you get the security for normal users, without the prompts.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    It's not disabled, it's simply *denying* all the elevation requests for normal users, and failing writes when they try to use protected locations like program files. So you get the security for normal users, without the prompts.
    Sorry, what I meant was that I've set that particular policy to 'disabled' and understand the explnation/reasoning behind it.

As good practice goes, it's good to see what others are implementing on their networks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234