+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Setting up a New SBS 2011 Server and Having email issues in Technical; I setup a brand new server with SBS 2011 & exchange 2010 because the old SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Setting up a New SBS 2011 Server and Having email issues

    I setup a brand new server with SBS 2011 & exchange 2010 because the old SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 close to death. Both servers are on different domains. I transferred all the emails from old server via outlook 2010 and put on new server through the same outlook once the accounts were created. Now I am having major issues sending emails through the local domain and keep getting this message

    IMCEAEX-_O=old domain _OU=FIRST+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP_CN=RECIPIENTS_C N=useremail
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

    They bounce in outlook and OWA. Is there anyway to update the senders info on the old emails from the old domain or how can I fix this.

    I tried adding a new authoritative domain for the old domain, but it was unsuccessful or I did not do correctly. Have not used SBS 2011 or Exchange much in past.

  2. #2
    Shocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    74
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    can I just ask are you sending these through by using the global address list or selecting the names from the autocomplete function?

    I found it best to delete from the autocomplete function and rebuild this autocomplete list again by using the global address list.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    If you reply to any of the received emails of last week and further in the past they bounce internally for us, but am not sure if customers are having same difficulty. Most people are just typing them in and then it switches to the persons name. I have been having every one use the global address list. I thought I had deleted every ones autocomplete when I made the new user accounts for people, because of the domain name change. I am hoping that if everyone uses the GAL for awhile it will correct itself, but not sure if it will work that way. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by MightyEgor; 22nd October 2013 at 07:18 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Setting up a new 2008 AD and creating a new network? Now or never?
    By djdos2013 in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd April 2013, 09:46 AM
  2. Best set up for new users - Home drive permissions and shares?
    By reggiep in forum Windows Server 2008
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5th May 2011, 03:01 PM
  3. set up a new sims server
    By priestm in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12th October 2009, 07:12 PM
  4. Setting up a new DC and demoting the old un to BDC
    By speckytecky in forum Windows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th February 2008, 11:35 AM
  5. Opinions of Raid set up for new server.
    By tosca925 in forum Windows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31st January 2007, 10:15 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •