+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, IE10 and Internet Explorer Maintenance in Technical; We run a 2008R2 network, and this summer updated all of our PC’s to IE10 from Windows Update. We have ...
    Thank Post

IE10 and Internet Explorer Maintenance

We run a 2008R2 network, and this summer updated all of our PC’s to IE10 from Windows Update. We have NOT installed IE10 on any of our servers yet.

Now I understand that Internet Explorer Maintenance has been killed by Microsoft, and that you now have to use GPP to push out homepages / proxies etc. From reading around the web, it seems that you need to have either a 2k12 Server or a Windows 8 PC to do this.

I have however, read that people have been able to do this using 2k8R2 by either importing the Admx files, or by creating a policy for IE8 and hacking the XML file. Now, I have tried the XML hack and it didn’t work. I tried to import the admx files for IE10, but this didn’t seem to work (not sure I did this right…)

Has anybody been able to accomplish this on a 2k8R2 and how? Should I install IE10 on our DC and will this then let me set these settings? (If so, which settings? As no website seems to give a clear list of what setting does what!)

Please help! Thanks.

Thank Post
    Sorted it. Had to update ADMX files to 2012, then created a policy for IE8 and hack the XML file and change the Max Value to 99.99.99.99. This now deploys the homepage and proxy settings.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread