+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Ok really worried!!! Please Help in Technical; Got all accounts set up as I wanted them and all the network is ready to go with Home Folders ...

Thank Post

Ok really worried!!! Please Help

Got all accounts set up as I wanted them and all the network is ready to go with Home Folders available offline. Though BIG PROBLEM! I have just discovered staff account can't access Student and Staff Shares as the computer says The Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact you system administrator!

I don't understand I have checked the shared and they're available for Everyone to access under security and Shares-> permissions. It also seems to go funny as in some computers I'm logging on with will have the staff and student share and other won't show them at all only a Home Drive. This is very strange as Pupils don't have a problem at all accessing the pupil share!?

What could I have possibly done wrong please help been working on this since 12 and just can't seem to figure it out!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    "Due to restrictions in effect" isn't permissions ala NTFS or Shares, it's GPO - i.e. you're limiting staff from viewing those folders/mapped drives etc.

Thank Post
    This usually indicates a lock down with group policy. Try running GP Results with a PC and User that is experiencing the problem.

Thank Post
    Thanks for such quick replys!! The problem being is I can't see in anyway that Group Policy is blocking them from accessing these drives! GP maps the drives under create then to the share then show this drive etc... & so is the students what other setting could possibly be stopping them?? Thanks ever so much for your help!

Thank Post
    Run GPResults and see what is happening

Thank Post
    Ah yes it was because I was restricting access to AB and C drives haha silly me I only meant to put C drive. Ah well you win some you loose some You wouldn't happen to know why when I logon to a machine as a user the machine creates a local profile under C:\Users of that person but then make a "Personsname.V2" Profile folder also on the server. All profile paths are directed to a share on my server so I have no idea why the Local machine is creating a User profile on the C: drive also?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Ah yes it was because I was restricting access to AB and C drives haha silly me I only meant to put C drive. Ah well you win some you loose some You wouldn't happen to know why when I logon to a machine as a user the machine creates a local profile under C:\Users of that person but then make a "Personsname.V2" Profile folder also on the server. All profile paths are directed to a share on my server so I have no idea why the Local machine is creating a User profile on the C: drive also?
    Profiles are downloaded from the server and stored locally during logon, then uploaded back to the server during logoff. It's just a temporary storage area for the roaming profile, which will be deleted during logoff if your forcing deletion of locally cached roaming profiles with a GPO?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread