+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Changing a user name in AD - Server 2008 R2 Windows 7 in Technical; Hello I have a teacher who is getting married this summer and would like to change her network username and ...

Thank Post

Wink Changing a user name in AD - Server 2008 R2 Windows 7

Hello

I have a teacher who is getting married this summer and would like to change her network username and email address to show her new name from the Autumn term.

I have seen a few technet articles and read some suggestions on another techie forum and am now a bit confused.

I tried it once a couple of years ago with another member of staff and she had logging on issues after becasue she had a local profile folder in her old name and then a new folder in iher new name, but with the same SSIDs I guess which was why. I just changed her network home folder, her AD entry and her email address. She didn't have any email problem just loggon issues and I had to delte her old user folder manually several times because it kept reappearing and on differnt machines she used in school.

We use local (Static) profiles in our school not roaming, Server 2008 R2, Windows 7 client machines and I am using Exchange 2010.

Is there a definitive best way to do this? Our previous network manager did it a couple of times a few years ago without any problems, but didnt show me how she did it, (I was much more part time until she left us!) and unfortunatly I am not a experienced as she was, but I am learning fast!

Ladies changing their surnames this is so old fashioned, perhaps it is about time the men did it? less hassle in schools with 99% young female staff!

Thank Post
    Changing the name in AD should get replicated to Exchange easily enough

As for their actual email address - you can adjust this on her mailbox - just add in an additional SMTP address.

(Someone may be able to outline exactly what steps - but it should be similar to what I've just said)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread