+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Seeing other sessions in Technical; So I am pulling a real dumb here... I have a server 2008r2 box that is in use by a ...
    Thank Post

Seeing other sessions

So I am pulling a real dumb here...

I have a server 2008r2 box that is in use by a few people. It is used as a standalone box, in a workgroup, with a file sharing and rds roles installed. People remote in, run a app, and log out. Except some people just close the session instead of logging out. Means I can't do windows updates and restart because they might still have programs open.

Where is the setting that allows me to do a remote control session so I can see what's running in their session? You know, right click on their name in task manager, remote control, done. Needs to give me unprompted access to their session so I can save and close stuff add needed.

This should be possible, but if not, how would you accomplish this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi
    Trying to recall from memory but I thought you could set this inside a mmc in admin tools.
    Here is some info:
    Configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions (Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration which should be in admin tools)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc771538.aspx

3. Thanks to ZeroHour from:

MordyT (26th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Hi
    Trying to recall from memory but I thought you could set this inside a mmc in admin tools.
    Here is some info:
    Configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions (Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration which should be in admin tools)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc771538.aspx
    Thanks for the info.

We don't want people to time out, so we can't use the first solution. The second one works, but only if the person is connected. If disconnected you get an error about remote control being disabled.

Third party software is welcome as a solution since I don't think this is possible with ms tools

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information