+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, AD Password Generation Help in Technical; Hi All, Wondering if someone has come across this before or been asked by their school. One of the schools ...

Thank Post

AD Password Generation Help

Hi All,

Wondering if someone has come across this before or been asked by their school. One of the schools i look after want to be able to give students individual passwords and have them recorded in a spreadsheet or similar. Are there any software applications or scripts that can apply passwords from a spreadsheet to users in AD? Or will generate random passwords in english and apply to the users.

EG 'whale12'

I know it cannot be done with CSVDE and i already have a VBS to bulk change users passwords, but applies the same one for every user.

Can anyone help??

Buddy

Thank Post
    I think that Wisesoft Bulk AD Users can do that - WiseSoft - Resources for IT Professionals

http://www.wisesoft.co.uk/software/b...s/default.aspx

It does lots of other things and we use it all the time, its great - and FREE!

Andrew

3. 2 Thanks to adhutton:

jmak (24th June 2013), nikaso (4th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adhutton View Post
    I think that Wisesoft Bulk AD Users can do that - WiseSoft - Resources for IT Professionals
    !
    Nice tip. Looks really useful

Thank Post
    I know the school say they want the passwords in a spreadsheet - we did that and it didn't take long before some dopey teacher allowed the kids to get a copy and a lot of misery and hard work ensued!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud180 View Post
    Hi All,

Wondering if someone has come across this before or been asked by their school. One of the schools i look after want to be able to give students individual passwords and have them recorded in a spreadsheet or similar. Are there any software applications or scripts that can apply passwords from a spreadsheet to users in AD? Or will generate random passwords in english and apply to the users.

EG 'whale12'

I know it cannot be done with CSVDE and i already have a VBS to bulk change users passwords, but applies the same one for every user.

Can anyone help??

Buddy
    I use DSADD and DSMOD for batch scripting user creation and modification, this would allow you to generate a csv list of users with preferred unique passwords and then export to a batch file and execute?

sample DSMOD:
    dsmod user "cn=Joe Bloggs, ou=13, ou=Students, ou=All Users, dc=domain, dc=local" -fax 1234

sample DSADD:
    dsadd user "cn=Joe Bloggs, ou=13, ou=Students, ou=All Users, dc=domain, dc=local" -samid 13bloggsj -fn Joe -ln Bloggs -display "Joe Bloggs" -upn 13bloggsj@domain.local -email 13bloggsj@domain.co.uk -fax 1234 -pwd changeme

I have all of this in an excel sheet using concatenate functions paired with data extracted from my MIS to generate the required info.
    Last edited by cogrady84; 25th June 2013 at 01:32 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread