Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Internet Explorer 9 & 10 using GPP Internet Settings not showing up in Technical; Hi,
I'm having issues getting my Group Policy Preferences Internet Settings to show IE 9/10 and I've seen other blogs ...
29th April 2013, 07:57 PM #1
- Rep Power
Internet Explorer 9 & 10 using GPP Internet Settings not showing up
I'm having issues getting my Group Policy Preferences Internet Settings to show IE 9/10 and I've seen other blogs which show options from IE 5 through to IE 10.
I've updated my Policy definitions located in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions (inetres.admx) to include upto IE 10... I've also followed several guides which show how to edit an IE 8 xml setting to increase the max version number which didn't work.
Also applied 253039KB which didn't have any effect.
I'm running Server 2008R2 with Windows 7 and 8 clients... Windows 7 is running IE 9 and the 8 is running IE 10.
Anyone know where I'm going wrong?
Attached a screenshot of what I was hoping to be able to do but maybe this is only possible with Server 2012.
Last edited by jaminben; 29th April 2013 at 08:36 PM.
IDG Tech News
30th April 2013, 10:16 AM #2
I haven't made the xml change to view the policies in Server 2008 R2, so I have to make any changes to the IE 10 policy in Server 2012 or Windows 8 with RSAT. Can you do either to test it?
30th April 2013, 05:03 PM #3
- Rep Power
I've got exactly same problem. I ran Server 2008 R2 updates recently. Updated IE to IE 10, Internet Explorer Maintenance disappears from Group Policy, so have to use Preferences, but can only see IEs 5 - 8, No IE 9 is shown in GP preferences, this is the one I need as my Windows 7 Clients use this.
30th April 2013, 07:56 PM #4
- Rep Power
Thanks for the reply,
Originally Posted by 3s-gtech
I've gotten it to display all IE versions using RSAT and Windows 8... the xml that it writes looks to be correct with min="10.0.0.0" max="220.127.116.11" (I guess they ain't taking any chances with max version this time).
I have two issues left:
1. The policy isn't setting on clients which is probably me missing something.
2. When viewing a policy which has been set via RSAT in native 2008 R2 policy management it throws an error which I guess is because its not picking up the 2012/Win8 .admx file correctly.
More fault finding to be done before we can roll this out to a production system.
Will post again once I know more.
From my limited experience your either going to have to remove IE 10 (I think this resets it back to allow Internet Explorer Maintenance to work again but use Google to be sure) or setup RSAT with Windows 8 or Server 2012 which to be honest is a royal pain in the proverbial.
Originally Posted by sloughman
By Sam_Brown in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Last Post: 19th October 2010, 03:20 PM
By jack_knows in forum Windows
Last Post: 8th October 2008, 08:55 PM
By ahuxham in forum Windows
Last Post: 9th June 2008, 05:33 PM
Last Post: 14th May 2008, 04:30 PM
By gwendes in forum Windows
Last Post: 7th February 2007, 05:33 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)