+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Internet Explorer 9 & 10 using GPP Internet Settings not showing up in Technical; Hi, I'm having issues getting my Group Policy Preferences Internet Settings to show IE 9/10 and I've seen other blogs ...
    Thank Post

Internet Explorer 9 & 10 using GPP Internet Settings not showing up

Hi,

I'm having issues getting my Group Policy Preferences Internet Settings to show IE 9/10 and I've seen other blogs which show options from IE 5 through to IE 10.

I've updated my Policy definitions located in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions (inetres.admx) to include upto IE 10... I've also followed several guides which show how to edit an IE 8 xml setting to increase the max version number which didn't work.

Also applied 253039KB which didn't have any effect.

I'm running Server 2008R2 with Windows 7 and 8 clients... Windows 7 is running IE 9 and the 8 is running IE 10.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

EDIT

Attached a screenshot of what I was hoping to be able to do but maybe this is only possible with Server 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jaminben; 29th April 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Thank Post
    I haven't made the xml change to view the policies in Server 2008 R2, so I have to make any changes to the IE 10 policy in Server 2012 or Windows 8 with RSAT. Can you do either to test it?

Thank Post
    I've got exactly same problem. I ran Server 2008 R2 updates recently. Updated IE to IE 10, Internet Explorer Maintenance disappears from Group Policy, so have to use Preferences, but can only see IEs 5 - 8, No IE 9 is shown in GP preferences, this is the one I need as my Windows 7 Clients use this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    I haven't made the xml change to view the policies in Server 2008 R2, so I have to make any changes to the IE 10 policy in Server 2012 or Windows 8 with RSAT. Can you do either to test it?
    Thanks for the reply,

I've gotten it to display all IE versions using RSAT and Windows 8... the xml that it writes looks to be correct with min="10.0.0.0" max="99.0.0.0" (I guess they ain't taking any chances with max version this time).

I have two issues left:

1. The policy isn't setting on clients which is probably me missing something.
    2. When viewing a policy which has been set via RSAT in native 2008 R2 policy management it throws an error which I guess is because its not picking up the 2012/Win8 .admx file correctly.

More fault finding to be done before we can roll this out to a production system.

Will post again once I know more.

Quote Originally Posted by sloughman View Post
    I've got exactly same problem. I ran Server 2008 R2 updates recently. Updated IE to IE 10, Internet Explorer Maintenance disappears from Group Policy, so have to use Preferences, but can only see IEs 5 - 8, No IE 9 is shown in GP preferences, this is the one I need as my Windows 7 Clients use this.
    From my limited experience your either going to have to remove IE 10 (I think this resets it back to allow Internet Explorer Maintenance to work again but use Google to be sure) or setup RSAT with Windows 8 or Server 2012 which to be honest is a royal pain in the proverbial.

5. Thanks to jaminben from:

Duke5A (10th May 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread