Afternoon all.

I am having a problem with Windows Server 2008 R2 and some device drivers.

I have recently migrated the server from vSphere 4 to vSphere 5.1 and this involved the upgrade of VMtools and the Virtual Hardware, however, I forgot to do the VMtools before the hardware. I now have some devices, like the cdrom and processor that say that the device driver is corrupt (Code 3). I have looked up the code and carried out the uninstall/reinstall but they keep coming back a corrupt. VM are being and useful as a chocolate fireguard as and I quote "has nothing to do with VM as the drivers are the Microsoft drivers, please speak to Microsoft" so before I put a call in, thought I would put it out there and see if anyone had seen this before and resolved the problem without the need to rebuild the entire server (not possible as its a web server).

Before anyone says anything, no I didn't back the server up or snapshot it before the update, yes it was a stupid thing to do and yes I am a plank, that said, I still need to resolve this issue, so any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks