Hi folks - I'm not sure if I've got the right end of the stick on this, so first off is a little background.

I had merry hell with Folder Redirection back when I set the domain up last summer. To the point where I gave up on it. We have a Samba file server but a Windows 2008 R2 Dc, all Folder Redirection done through GP.

Because we've got users with folders called My Documents or Documents in their home areas, I didn't know what the repercussions would be of redirecting My Documents to the home areas, or indeed redirecting any folders.

Basically, got into a confused mess about it after experimenting.

But oh boy did I experiment a lot.

NOW I'm having odd things go on, like people's Favorites filling with the contents of their home areas, and I can't help but think that these old Folder Redirection policies which may or may not during their testing phase have had the 'Move back to old location when policy is removed' tickbox ticked are playing havoc behind the scenes.

Question is, where do I find these/any 'tombstoned' Folder Redirection policies and wipe them all so I get back to a clean slate? And then, given the users already have populated folders called My Documents or Documents in their home areas ALREADY, how would I got about using Folder Redirection?

Cheers! Reps/Thanks/Christmas cards for help!