We have exchange 2003 SP2 running on windows 2000 SP4 Domain controller. Our plan is to go for Windows 2008 Domain controller standalone server and another server with Windows 2008 PLUS exchange server 2010 standard edition.
Please share guide line for this, Correct this if below steps I am thinking are wrong
- Install a temporary win 2003 member server, install exchange 2003 on it and move complete mailboxes from existing Win 2000 DC which also have exchange 2003
- Test for a week if exchange works perfect on newly installed machine, remove the exchange server from Win 2000 Dc
- Update the active directory schema for Windows 2000 DC using adprep and domainprep, so it can allow me to add Win 2008 r2 server as additional DC
- Install additional Win 2008 R2 server as a member server, run dcpromo on it to promote it to additional DC, transfer all FSMO roles to it
- Once done retire the Win 2000 DC using dcpromo, now it is out of our network
- install second instance of win 2008 R2, install exchange 2010 on it
- move every things from exchange created earlier (temporary one)
- retire the temporary exchange
Kindly assist me for this,
From a high level that looks good.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)