+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, TS Profile Path - Environment Variable in Technical; Hi all, We are in the process of moving some of our Citrix terminal servers from Windows 2003 to 2008 ...

Thank Post

TS Profile Path - Environment Variable

Hi all,

We are in the process of moving some of our Citrix terminal servers from Windows 2003 to 2008 where we will be working with both versions for a period.

Currently on 2003 we have a mix of mandatory and roaming profiles depending on the application and users requirement.

The location of the profile whether its mandatory or roaming is set on the Windows 2003 servers System variables. E.g. profile = servername\manprofile

Then each user has a setting of \\%profile% for example on their profile path under the Terminal Services Profile tab in AD Users and Computers.

This has worked well for us with 2003 server and has allowed us the flexibility we require but unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with Windows 2008 Server or at least i can't get it working. The server copy of the roaming profile cannot be found and instead a temporary profile is used.

Having picked up the administration of this setup i didn't put the profile setup for the 2003 profiles into place and i am not sure if what we have setup is normal practise? Does anyone have any experiance with this and know that this will just not work with 2008 and the V2 profiles?

If this won't work what are my options? Is the only option to set the profile location in a GPO and assign this to users using Security filtering?

Many thanks for any help

Thank Post
    Well it seems it does work after a restart to implement the system variable changes! Onto the next problem in that the profiles are not unloading after the user logs off.

I would still be really interested to know if it is still normal practise to apply the profiles using environment variables in 2008. Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread