+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Printer Change logging in Technical; Is there anyway to check if anyone else has made changes to printers on the server side of things? Since ...

Thank Post

Printer Change logging

Is there anyway to check if anyone else has made changes to printers on the server side of things? Since we have moved from 2003-2008 we have had a few issues with printer drivers in particular one which causes the print spooler to crash on the client. I thought I knew which one it was but it seems that a few printers have not got the driver I thought they should have and I don't remember changing them. I have asked others who have access to do this and no one seems to have done anything.

Is there a way I can track changes (or at least the last change) and who it was made by. Basically I want to see if I'm going mad, or if we have 2 people altering things without passing these changes on. Both of which are likely to be honest

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there is. Heck, as it sits you have to enable logging of print jobs themselves, let alone printer changes.

As for the print spooler, I loaded the HP P1606 laser driver and it caused all sorts of issues on client computers, including bombing out the spooler service. Once I deleted the driver from the spool directory the spooler was stable again. You don't have any 1606s floating around do you?

Thank Post
    No HP P1606 drivers present, the problem driver for us is a Kyocera FS4000Dn KX driver. There should only be a few problem clients (if any) left now so I'm not going to bother looking too much into it. I was just wondering if I had forgotten stuff over the chirstmas holiday

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread