We are running Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2010 clients. If we try to send a new email and click on the to: field it shows us all the users in the global address list. The problem is for some users there GAL does not seem to update and we find ourselves having to remove their outlook profile and recreate it for it to show the new items. I have tried to force an update by selecting download address book from the account settings tab but it does not give me the option to download the global address list and only shows download offline address book list to which when I try this it gives me an object not found error.
Has anybody else come across this problem?
Any help would be fantastic.
Seems like OAB or Autodiscover URL/Web services aren't configured.
Do the below and check the URL's and logs, PM me the results or post
2.Hold down the Ctrl key, right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area, and then click Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
3.Verify that the correct email address is in the E-mail Address box.
4.In the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration window, click to clear the Use Guessmart check box and the Secure Guessmart Authentication check box.
5.Click to select the Use AutoDiscover check box, and then click Test.
Make sure that this test is successful and that Outlook can retrieve the correct URLs for the Availability service
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)