+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Setting the server to point to an NTP in Technical; Good afternoon folks It's been a while since I've had to do this, so naturally, I've forgotten how to. We've ...
    Thank Post

Setting the server to point to an NTP

Good afternoon folks

It's been a while since I've had to do this, so naturally, I've forgotten how to.

We've been having internet issues (as well as many more) but I've traced these back to the fact our NED box from CLEO is offset from the server time, therefore the LDAP authentication isn't working. Now, I've check the NTP.CLEO.NET.UK time server and that shows the same time as the NED box (obviously). I did this by setting our Mac Mini Server to picking it's time up from that instead of the main DC for the time being.

So, now, I need to get the main DC to pull the time from NTP.CLEO.NET.UK to get everything working again, but as I said above, I can't remember for the life of me how to do it.

I've tried the info given on >> Windows server 2008 / 2008 R2 AD sync with external NTP server - Luka Manojlovic << that page, and also I've tried info that I've found from a search of the forums, that is pretty similar to be honest, but non of them seem to bring the server time in line with the NTP server. It's about 3 1/2 minutes out, but this (as I've learnt in the past) is enough to cause the NED box to trip up with authentication.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Ta
    Andy T

Edit:
    DC Time Issue << that's the forum article I tried working from ..
    Last edited by soveryapt; 3rd December 2012 at 01:48 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread