Hoping someone can help.
We use DFSR and recently I asked teaching staff to perform a cleanup of files. Normally, I get a rather tepid response and a few files are deleted. This time however, staff deleted around 150gb worth of data and DFSR went into a serious sulk.
I've run DFSRDIAG and on one of the two servers in the mesh one of them shows 'unitialized' as its status.
The other server has 4.5 MILLION files in its backlog.
Is this just a situation (as is often with DFSR) of 'wait and see' or is there something more serious going on?
Running 2008 R2 for the DFSR servers, latest service packs, all hotfixes for DFSR applied and the event log isn't helpful as there are only sharing violations for a few files showing.
Any help would be appreciated as NO data is being replicated from the affected server.
Hi folks, after doing some digging through Ned Pyle's excellent DFSR blogs, I took an educated guess that our XML cache was corrupt. I did the following:
1. cmd: dfsrdiag pollad
2. cmd: net stop dfsr
3. Renamed: dfsr config xml in the sysvol folder to .old
4. cmd: net start dfsr
5. Waited about 5 minutes and ran a dfsr health report - status had changed to normal and files were replicating
Now I get to thank [insert random diety/god that doesn't offend you here] that it's the October break so it can work through the backlog. They are only deleted files so it should be relatively quick as it does a 'Present 0/1' check.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)