+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Synchronising / copying documents for local use in Technical; Hi, am at a different school from normal that I'm "helping out" at (never again .... but that's another story!) ...
    Thank Post

Synchronising / copying documents for local use

Hi, am at a different school from normal that I'm "helping out" at (never again .... but that's another story!)

Somehow the teachers laptops have been set up so that when they use their machines at home, their network documents pull down onto the machines and then when they log onto the network, any changes they have made synchronise back up onto the network copy.

This is as far as I can tell from what the ICT co-ordinator has described.

I've never come across this before so no idea where I might be looking to set this feature up myself. But I've been settting up new laptops for teachers and the synchronisation happens with the old laptop but not the new laptop - therefore I'm thinking it must be machine-specific that I need to do (the new laptops are running Windows 7. 32-bit, the old laptops were running Windows XP).

I've tried looking at the user accounts and replicating the setup of that, but it had no effect. I'm trying to think where else to look and what it could be.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Got it in the end .... he was talking about Offline Files and Folders and Syncing this. The PC was set to make the folder available offline but hadn't had a sync run on it. Got it in the end!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread