+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2008 R2 Thread, Random Language Issue in Technical; Ok, so I first spotted this a bit back, but have been working with it as I've not had time ...
    Thank Post

Random Language Issue

Ok, so I first spotted this a bit back, but have been working with it as I've not had time to work it out, but now it's starting to annoy me again.

On one of the servers, all of a sudden, it's decided that it likes to occasionally change to Japanese Input Language on the language bar. Now, this would be fine (ish) if it didn't mean that whenever I wanted to use a back slash character (which is pretty much all the time when dealing with network issues) it wouldn't work, unless I changed back to English.

Now, it is just 2 clicks to change back to English on the Language bar, but I can't for the life of me figure out exactly what is causing it to do this in the first place, so I thought I might seek some ideas.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks
    Andy T :-)

Thank Post
    Hey All

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions with this as it's starting to do it for every window now - in that I can change it once, then switch to a different window and it swaps back .. ARGH .. help! Please! :/

Thank Post
    Is this only when remoting in? There are some options that do things like auto detect language from remote client (not sure why it'd be picking chinese though, unless you set that sometimes?). Might be worth turning it off to try it if it's only remotely happening, not locally.

Steve

4. Thanks to Steve21 from:

soveryapt (19th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Ah, I should give more updates (or read my own post so I'm aware of what I'm updating) ..

It's happening now when I'm on locally too. And the remote thing, I don't get to control the language as it's through Oracle Secure Global Desktop provided by CLEO .. yay ..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soveryapt View Post
    Ah, I should give more updates (or read my own post so I'm aware of what I'm updating) ..

It's happening now when I'm on locally too. And the remote thing, I don't get to control the language as it's through Oracle Secure Global Desktop provided by CLEO .. yay ..
    Never used the Oracleness, but I'm guessing that just remotely connects to your server though? the language should still be set serverside as such.

Might be worth a shot.

Code:
    Set: IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout
    under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
    And no remote session should be able to change the language, it'll always default back to "normal". If it's doing it locally guess this wouldn't help at all, unless it's left over from a remote session?

Steve

Thank Post
    Right, this issue seemed to resolve itself, but now it's back .. so logged a call with OneConnect who have now told me "it's because Macs keyboards function differently, whenever you remote into a system it won't work as they're configured slightly differently to PCs" to which I pointed out the issue had been resolved and if I RDP into a machine locally, it's all perfectly fine and dandy. They're going to raise it to second line support now to see what they say, but I've been told I should only remote in with a windows machine .. erm .. do you want to buy me one then .. lol ..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread