Sted is right in saying that redirected Appdata on 'Roaming' Staff laptops is a pain, and can create loads of failure with offline files.
There is a solution to this - Looped back Group Policies.
Create a policy linked to the Staff Laptops OU (make one if you don't have one), and set the redirection of Appdata to the local profile. Then find the loopback policies in the workstation part of the GPO and enable them.
This means that anyone who logs in to the laptop doesn't get there network appdata, but you stop the sync problems. You need to explain this to staff who have a laptop ensure that they get that they may need to set some settings on both though.
Thanks for that I'll give it a go.
Originally Posted by Mr.Ben
I've run into another problem now. I originally re-directed App data to the users U:\ drive but a lot of people complained about numerous folders showing up so I decided to re-direct to U:\My Settings\AppData similar to what RM setup on their networks. Problem being now everytime Office is run it still creates a folder called "Microsoft" in the U:\ drive for the app data instead of My Settings\App Data. I have tried deleting the local copy of the profile and forcing a gpupdate but it's not happy.