Server 2003 sp2 32bit (Folder/file permissions)
Need help, the server started acting daft. I work in a school, we have a shared folder on drive E for staff. within this folder all the staff have there own folders, and through profile the drive is mapped when they login.The permissions have gone tits up. I need it to work this way
1. Drive E has a shared folder call "homefolders"
2. Within this folder all the staff have there folders
Step 1+2 are present and correct
3. When the user logs on the drive is mapped (this works fine)
This is were it has gone tits up.
4. The user can open the folder read and write etc
5. If the user tries to open the "homefolders" folder it should say you don`t have the rights ( This at the moment is not happening they can open the folder)
6. If they try and open anyone else`s folder they should get the same error you dont have the rights (At the moment they can open, read and write to anybodies folder)
What I want is for user to be able to access there own folders, be able to read write etc. If they try and access the "homefolders" folder or anyone else`s folders they must be told they can`t. I have tried everything but can`t achieve this. Please help.....