Cached Logins for Staff Laptops
I hate staff laptops. But this is a technical thread, not BTRD so I will attempt to stick to the point without just giving up and putting all the staff laptops on ebay...
My problem is that we are attempting to put the staff laptops on the domain to increase our control over them - currently every member of staff has one and they are all local admins on the workgroup and are basically given free-reign to smash them to junk as they see fit.
I have created an OU under which I have built a test laptop and I have set them to cache the last 2 logins. I have also set it to synchronise the Profile and App Data. All of this is fine. :)
The staff logins on the domain map their home directories to N: when on the network. My trouble is, when off the domain it still does this, even though it can't access the server. Then if you whack in a file or edit something in there, it caches it and, whent he laptop does return to the network, it synchronises it. Now this is in direct contradiction to every setting I can find: I have tried to disable this and I just can't!! :mad:
- Set the "Administratively assigned offline files" GPO to sync only the Profile and App Data.
- Disabled the "synchronise all offline folders before logging off (and on)" GPO
- Enabled the "subfolders always available offline"
- Set the "Allow or Disallow use of the offline files feature" to disallowed.
- "Prohibit user configuration of Offline File" set to enabled.
- Disabled Caching on the home folder on the server
What else can I do?!?!?! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or does my server just hate me? ;)