Exchange 2007 RPC / HTTP
I've spent the past two days trying to get my Outlook 2007 to connect to my Exchange 2007 server but still no luck! The error message i am getting is "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file.."
When disabling the cached exchange mode the error message changes however, but it is still unable too actually open outlook.
Just wondering if anyone else can suggest anything that I haven't already tried, so far this is what I've tried:
Editing the host file to read the internal name and external domain on the Exchange 2007 server.
Also added this registry key to my computer:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following subkey:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DefConnectOpts, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DefConnectOpts, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor.
Delete all local .ost files
The online test provided by microsoft passes with no problems.
Try Outlook 2003, but got the same error message.
Check the Exchange 2007 Management console and my user account has MAPI enabled.
The configuration I'm using is the same as this article describes (Configuring the Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP Client)
When I look at the Outlook Connection status it looks like its resolving the internal machine name and that its connecting to the directory but just cant pull any inbox from the server.