Removing Old Server References
I could of sworn I already posted this, but it appears to have disappeared! Anyway ..
Right, brief overview (and I apologise if this has been answered before, but doing a few searches I didn't really come up with anything)..
- I start work and they have a entry level server in place
- I set the server up properly and then realise it's not up to the job
- we use redirected folders to ensure that staff work etc gets backed up by the server
- I get a new server and that all works fine
- Most machines use the new server brilliantly and sync to the right place
- A few machines still are referencing to the old server which is causing issues
- I need to remove these references, preferably using some form of automation via GPO
Right, so that's the brief overview, one example of the issue is that a member of staff saved some photos to "My Documents\My Pictures\Folder" which should save to "\\newserver\generics\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Folder" but instead saved to "\\oldserver\generics\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Folder" so when they went to a machine that was working as it should do, they couldn't see this folder and panic started ..
The folder was found on the old server and they are happy again, but how can I remove it and stop it happening? Any suggestions?
Both servers running Windows 2003 R2, all machines are Windows XP Pro SP3.