Set proxy server in GP but giving me gyp
Having a little trouble with machines taking kindly to a change in group policy we made. The LEA used to give us our internet directly, and group policy used to be set so that Internet Explorer would use as a proxy server the address they gave us.
Since then, they've changed this so that only a few IP addresses from our end are allowed traffic from them, so (with a few exceptions) only the IP addresses of our proxy servers are allowed, and all traffic goes through two boxes with IPCop on them. (One for each of our two domains so we can heavily block the kids and not-so-heavily block the admin side.)
Trouble is in group policy we've changed the settings, pointing Internet Explorer to the new IP addresses of the IPCop, made these settings per machine rather than per user (though tried both initially) but not everyone is receiving these settings and gets the old IP address which we have to go and change manually for them as and when. Sometimes they will even revert to the old settings, which don't exist anymore! This happens despite gpupdate /force, and despite entering them manually after which I'd think if they were gonna change they'd take up the new settings. Happens mostly on the admin side.
Lil bit stuck on what to do so thought I'd ask, see if I've missed anything. Thanks for reading.