Start the RIS set-up to create the initial CD-based image
- Click Start | Run
- Type “risetup” and click OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions when the RIS set-up wizard starts. You will be prompted to provide information to the following:
RIS folder location:
Specify the NTFS partition and folder on the RIS server where you want to install the supporting files and RIS images.
Specify how the RIS server will respond to clients requests:
- Default is “does not respond to client requests”.
- Respond to all client requests
- Respond only to requests from pre-staged computer accounts
RIS source files location:
Specify the location of the WinXP Pro source files that will be user to create the initial CD-based image.
Windows installation image folder name:
Specify the folder within the RIS installation folder where the initial CD-based imaged is created.
Description and help text:
Specify the description for the initial CD-base image.