+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, activinspire network deployment failing due to escaped unc path in Technical; Hello, I hope someone can hepl me with this issue. I have created a Network deployment of ActivInspire 1.6 using ...

Thank Post

activinspire network deployment failing due to escaped unc path

Hello,

I hope someone can hepl me with this issue. I have created a Network deployment of ActivInspire 1.6 using Windows 7 64bit. I couldn't copy the msi and the related files directly to the software deployment share for some unknown reason so had to manually copy them up. Once this had finished I ran the transform app to create a transform for the software. I entered a unc path for the shared resource \\server\app_share\resources\

I then added the software to an already created gp policu for deploying activInspire. It detected that the previous version was already in the list and that it would upgrade it. Great!

However, when it came to deployment 1.6 could not update the older (1.4) version due to the unc path not being found, but the path now is \\\\server\\app_share\\resources\\.

Something has told the deployment to escape the \ characters. I have checked the mst file and thats still looks correct. What else could be doing this? Group Policy maybe?

Is there a problem with using UNC paths in transforms or indeed when deploying software in general.

Should I be mapping network drives? If so how, since the drives would not be able to be mapped until login ???

TIA.

Edit: Just noticed some small print stating that paths CAN be UNC paths but yet they are being mangled.
    Last edited by HodgeHi; 2nd April 2012 at 11:54 AM.

TheLibrarian
    This isn't help as such just a suggestion: post this in the Promethean form, they may have seen this issue before and know how to fix it.

3. Thanks to TheLibrarian from:

HodgeHi (2nd April 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread