+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Printing Woes in Technical; Hi All, I'm having some issues with printing that I can't seem to get my head around. When printing from ...

Thank Post

Printing Woes

Hi All,

I'm having some issues with printing that I can't seem to get my head around. When printing from a student/teacher or office account it take quite a while to bring up the authentication box (we have a konica c280 with account track). After entering the correct credentials it takes another while to actually print. The strange thing is it prints fine from an admin account.

This is on all clients, which are XP and print server on 2003. I've tried adding user account to admin group (both client and domain). Tried PS driver instaed of PCL, tried re-installing drivers, tried moving to a new print server and checked all permissions on the printer.

There's nothing that looks out of ordinary in the print spool and nothing was changed GPO wise between working and not working.

DNS looks ok.

I've ruled out it been a problem with the actual copier as it works fine when printing from an admin account.

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks,

Dan

Thank Post
    It sounds like you could have a GPO preventing the printing from happening on your student/teacher/office objects. Have you checked any of the settings on those that could cause the problem? Also- are you using the printer management service i.e. Printer deployment?

3. Thanks to marsdenprimary from:

bladedanny (28th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. Funnily enough I managed to get this working yesterday. It was as you say a GPO issue. We use a server 2003 print server and deploy via a logon script. The solution was to add the printers IP address into the proxy bypass setting in internet explorer settings. Which would make sense as to why it has suddenly stopped working as the YHGfL who's proxy we use has recently been changed.

Thanks again,

Dan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. Funnily enough I managed to get this working yesterday. It was as you say a GPO issue. We use a server 2003 print server and deploy via a logon script. The solution was to add the printers IP address into the proxy bypass setting in internet explorer settings. Which would make sense as to why it has suddenly stopped working as the YHGfL who's proxy we use has recently been changed.

Thanks again,

Dan
    Awesome- glad you got it fixed! There is NOTHING worse than printers on a network.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread