+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Hand-holding on LDIFDE export/import in Technical; Hi gang, got a couple of questions on this (largely so I don't bork anything too hard!) My source domain ...

Thank Post

Hand-holding on LDIFDE export/import

Hi gang, got a couple of questions on this (largely so I don't bork anything too hard!)

My source domain (2k3) is currently active, my target domain (2k8r2) not yet so, so any experimenting can go on there.

Anyways, looking to export and import .ldfs of users and groups. One .ldf for students, one .ldf for staff, one .ldf for security groups and one final .ldf for distribution groups - just to segment the process a little and give me some rollback if I need.

First question is, after reading around and seeing THIS it looks as though that -h switch somewhere in the export and import commands will ALSO move the user passwords over. Really?? I didn't think LDIFDE could do that... If it can't directly but CAN import passwords from a text file, how does it?

Second is, how do I just import the groups? Or am I even right in segmenting things the way I am doing?

Any help appreciated hugely and would deserve a pint in person if ever happens!

Edit - just to get started, I was going to use the following to at least run the Groups export. Just tell me this won't break anything if it looks decent:

ldifde -f groups.ldf -p Subtree -r "(objectClass=group)" -l "cn, objectclass,description, member,groupType,samAccountName"
    Last edited by Miscbrah; 7th March 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi - think I'm trying another way entirely.

To anyone viewing this in years to come, this export worked and didn't bugger anything up:

ldifde -f groups.ldf -p Subtree -s <servername> -r (objectClass=group) -l cn, objectclass,description, member,groupType,samAccountName

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread