+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, IIS 6.0 ASP.NET Configuration error in Technical; Now this thing is driving me crazy I want to shift an ASP.NET Application from Windows Server 2003 (A) to ...

Thank Post

IIS 6.0 ASP.NET Configuration error

Now this thing is driving me crazy
    I want to shift an ASP.NET Application from Windows Server 2003 (A) to another Windows Server 2003 (B)

The applications are working perfectly fine on Windows Server 2003 (A) with no errors at all
    But when i am trying to run the same applications on Windows Server 2003 (B) i am getting this nasty error

Server Error in '/Demo' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    EXTDCC_WEB.getDataSet(String strSQL) +192
    defaultp.LogDccUot_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) +200
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(Aut henticateEventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +115
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Obje ct source, EventArgs e) +101
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(Command EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String eventArgument) +166
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

I have checked the permission on matched the settings on both A and B but still getting the same error?

Any clues???
    thanks

Thank Post
    any tips please?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread