+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Logon message using group policy not working in Technical; Hello, I am trying to implement a reminder ( a kind of popup message for my users, which they can ...

Thank Post

Logon message using group policy not working

Hello,
    I am trying to implement a reminder ( a kind of popup message for my users, which they can see on logon or before logon) . I have windows 2003 as server and XP as users. I have Active directory installed on server.
    I am trying to edit group policy so when user login in domain or before login, they can see the message.

So what i have done is,
    On Windows 2003,
    Active Directory for users and computers > Right Click on Domain > Properties > Group Policy > Default Domain Policy > > Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options. Then Interactive logon: Message text... and Interactive logon: Message title

Enabled The Message Text and Message title with appropriate text, but problem is
    i dont see these reminder appeared on my xp client instead they are appearing on the local server on logon where i edited the policy, i want these notifications to appear on client.

I dont want to go on individual PC and add startup script so i thought editing group policy will be something centralized

Do i need to restart the server or something, i am not sure why its not working .

Please help

Thank Post
    Just a matter of interest, what is the message about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustubh View Post
    Hello,
    I am trying to implement a reminder ( a kind of popup message for my users, which they can see on logon or before logon) . I have windows 2003 as server and XP as users. I have Active directory installed on server.
    I am trying to edit group policy so when user login in domain or before login, they can see the message.

So what i have done is,
    On Windows 2003,
    Active Directory for users and computers > Right Click on Domain > Properties > Group Policy > Default Domain Policy > > Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options. Then Interactive logon: Message text... and Interactive logon: Message title

Enabled The Message Text and Message title with appropriate text, but problem is
    i dont see these reminder appeared on my xp client instead they are appearing on the local server on logon where i edited the policy, i want these notifications to appear on client.

I dont want to go on individual PC and add startup script so i thought editing group policy will be something centralized

Do i need to restart the server or something, i am not sure why its not working .

Please help

Thank Post
    It just task reminder, it reminds to perform one common task which they have to do when they login and when they logoff..

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hi

See How to configure Windows Server 2003 to display a message when users log on. Look at the troubleshooting section too.

Regards
    Sukh

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread