+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, CC3 DC - Rebuild & then restore from tape in Technical; Hi, Following on from an issue we had the other week with a SCSI going pear shaped, we have received ...
    Thank Post

CC3 DC - Rebuild & then restore from tape

Hi,

Following on from an issue we had the other week with a SCSI going pear shaped, we have received and installed an identical card, setup the config the same as it was on the previous card and this time the new card is retaining its config info. Great me thinks!

However, even though the config of the disks on the new card is identical to the failed card, the server won't boot! I just get a message afther the SCSI scans have completed asking me if I want to access the web bios. If I just ignore it the server boots to a command prompt with a explanation stating that I've got there because no OS could be found to boot.

A bit annoying as I got an identical card and the config is exactly the same. LSI suggested I should re-install the OS and then restore the data form a previous backup as something has got messed up.

So I have 2 questions really.

Firstly, with regards to the card setup I have the disks added to the 1 array in the same order but it won't boot. Any ideas?

Secondly, I have a good backup from the night before the server went pear shaped. Therefor I'm quite happy to restore the bugger as I'll get out of a few meetings in going so! Has anyone else re-built/restored a CC3 DC and if so,do I need to be aware of anything?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Contact RM Support and ask for server restore document there are so many gochas when it comes to restoring an RM DC server no way I would do it with out that document.

Russ

3. Thanks to russdev from:

bodminman (14th February 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread