+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Network Administrator Permissions vs Local Admin in Technical; I have found the problem, but not a solution yet! On all server 2008 standard the regional options Current format ...
    Thank Post
    I have found the problem, but not a solution yet! On all server 2008 standard the regional options Current format is set to Arabic (Saudi Arabia)!!! not as the Group Policy specifies which is English (united Kingdom). However all windows 7 2003 and server 2008 r2 regional options are set to English (UK)! Nothing on web, any ideas people?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jj99 View Post
    I have found the problem, but not a solution yet! On all server 2008 standard the regional options Current format is set to Arabic (Saudi Arabia)!!! not as the Group Policy specifies which is English (united Kingdom). However all windows 7 2003 and server 2008 r2 regional options are set to English (UK)! Nothing on web, any ideas people?
    Are your time zones setup correctly? While it would be a weird error if the time zone is out (because of the regional options being out) it should affect user logins (although it should stop them compleately).

Also if the server is a DC it wouldn't be getting group policy from default domain top level but from the domain controlers policy (look for its OU in group policy management).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jj99 View Post
    It's because your British (I'm serious, hear me out). There is a bug in Windows Server 2008 that forces the "current format" to "Arabic (Saudi Arabia)" and prevents you from making any changes to it if you set the regional options to English (any country other than US) in the group policy. It appears that this affects Windows Server 2008 R1 machines (and maybe Vista too) running under a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain.

Edit: I'm told that you may have to not only remove the offending group policy setting, but also delete the affected user profiles. After the user logs in again, it should be back to normal. You may want to do some testing before you delete anything though =P
    Last edited by shibz; 16th December 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Thank Post
    I would *suspect* a Group Policy setting is to blame (possibly a "local security" policy setting).

And since it effects all of your 2008 servers it must be set in a GPO (that presumably is applied to the domain), rather than locally on each 2008 non-DC server.

There is a seperate default GPO policy which applies to DCs (Default Domain Controllers Policy).

Running a RSOP might assist here, and compare this with running the tool on your 2003 servers.

I would also run the local security policy editor to see if there is anything obviously wrong there.

I would also delete all your locally stored profiles on these servers for the jpc\administrator account.

Thanks,

Bruce.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12