+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange Server move in Technical; Hi All Over the Xmas period I am moving our CC (childrens centre) into the main school building. They are ...

Thank Post

Exchange Server move

Hi All

Over the Xmas period I am moving our CC (childrens centre) into the main school building. They are currently in seperate locations and have seperate servers both with exchange.

The head wants the CC to become part of the main school domain and no longer use there own domain. I will export there mailboxes into pst files and import across to school accounts.

The thing that is stumbling me is that the CC server will be switched off and no longer function after move and have already set up forwarders on email accounts to new school accounts but ideally I would like to bring the server across to school and plug it in and leave running for a couple of months with forwarders and auto responses in place.

What will I need to do to CC server to acheive this? Obviously it is on different IP address range so will need to give it one from school range, if I do this will mail still flow or do I have to do any configuring of exchange or notify hosting co etc

Many thanks in advance

Thank Post
    From what I see, you will need to inform the hosting co of the new IP it is being hosted at ..... would help if it was an LA and if you were on an LA IP range.
    You may also need to open ports on the firewall to the new IP to allow SMTP/POP etc.

A bit of a struggle without knowing your present setup. Do they share the same net connection? You get your net from the LA?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about just adding the old domain to the recipient policys of your server and telling it that it is authorotave then adding the old addresses to the new user accounts in question. Then it is just a case of pointing the old domain at your exchange server an your done.

Thank Post
    The School network/email is hosted by Lgfl and the CC is currently with BT and email with heart.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread