+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Photocopier Install in Technical; Does anyone here have a ricoh copier connected to the network. If so how do you enter the web interface. ...
    Thank Post

Photocopier Install

Does anyone here have a ricoh copier connected to the network.
    If so how do you enter the web interface.
    I can't get access through explorer by typing in the Ip Address.
    We can't ping it either, but can print a test page.

There must be an encryption. I can ping from the photocopier to laptop but not from laptop to photocopier.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUD View Post
    Does anyone here have a ricoh copier connected to the network.
    If so how do you enter the web interface.
    I can't get access through explorer by typing in the Ip Address.
    We can't ping it either, but can print a test page.

There must be an encryption. I can ping from the photocopier to laptop but not from laptop to photocopier.
    Check the subnet and default gateway are set correctly on the copier, also check the web interface is enabled. If stuck then don't waste too much time on, phone ricoh and they'll send an engineer out, their service is really good.

Thank Post
    The subnet and gateway on the ricoh itself shouldn't make a difference in whether or not you can access the built in webpage, but definitely check the options in the display panel to see if the web ui can be turned on and off. Also look for an option to toggle ICMP, if it's off, that would explain why it's not returning pings.

You can also try posting over at Copytechnet Home, back when I worked on printers that was my go-to tech support site.

Thank Post
    are ricohs the ones with a pc as a controller usually shoved at the end/underneath? (i see so many random copiers i cant remember which is which) if so i dont believe they all have a web interface

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolver View Post
    The subnet and gateway on the ricoh itself shouldn't make a difference in whether or not you can access the built in webpage, but definitely check the options in the display panel to see if the web ui can be turned on and off. Also look for an option to toggle ICMP, if it's off, that would explain why it's not returning pings.

You can also try posting over at Copytechnet Home, back when I worked on printers that was my go-to tech support site.
    Yes it can, if the subnet is wrong it will calculate as being on a non local network and will try to route through the default gateway.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Yes it can, if the subnet is wrong it will calculate as being on a non local network and will try to route through the default gateway.
    You are correct. I was thinking of print jobs that are sent, but require no feedback, like an LPR job.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,014 Posts
    I think it is an SP Mode setting on the NIC itself as you can set it to 2 which wont allow any access to the WIM and other things. That or it has a range of ip addresses that can't access the copier.

user tools button ( either top left or top right with 123 and a diamond shape which is one small physical button ) --> System Settings --> interface settings --> Print List ( top right ) and press the green copy button

This should print off about 3 or 4 pages

One of these pages should mention a valid access range from 0 to 5 ie

Valid Access 0
    Valid Access 1
    Valid Access 2
    etc

If they are all set to 0 ie zero's ie 0.0.0.0 - 0.0.0.0

Then there are no ip address ranges defined to block access from those range of ip addresses. In which case it is a setting in SP Mode on the NIC itself. There is also an SP Mode to totally re set the NIC , restart the printer and scanner to defaults and if this is all done it should be fine.

You can also use telnet to set services up or down ( all services should be mentioned on the print list page that you printed out above ) such as DIPRINT, RSH, etc etc

start --> run --> cmd --> press enter or click ok

Telnet IP <press enter>

Where IP is the ip address of the copier - should prompt you for logon credentials ( username and then password )

the command you will need is something like so

Set Service Up

OR

Set Service Down

where Service is the name of the service ie ftp or diprint etc, obviously if they are down, set them up

I used to work on the helpdesk so know a fair amount about them

Also as above not that it is required but I always get people to ensure that all network settings are 100% correct ie

Ip address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS Servers which I program statically if possible otherwise via DHCP, ensuring that it has the FQDN ( domain details ) all correct, the time and time zone are set correctly ( time settings I do through the web interface )

If DNS servers are being obtained via DHCP then I print off a config page to ensure they are getting the correct DNS Server ip addresses.

A reboot after changing all the settings so that the copier re connects to the network with relevant settings.

Also do you have any VLAN's or anything like that configured or are they on the same switch / same subnet etc etc ??
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 8th November 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Cheers all for the tips.
    I hope to try some today. I will be contacting an engineer to come out and set the email facility up so that any scanned images are sent to an email address.
    We are trying to reduce the amount of paper waste in the school.

Thank Post
    Cheers all for the tips.
    I hope to try some today. I will be contacting an engineer to come out and set the email facility up so that any scanned images are sent to an email address.
    We are trying to reduce the amount of paper waste in the school.
    isnt it easier to jsut get them sent to a unc path? i usually set up 2 in the address book one for kids one for staff and just have it scan to a network "dump"

Thank Post
    thanks guys i can now ping and access the web interface, just have to get username and password. I don't think one was ever setup.
    mac_shinobi can i create an account on the photocopier or do i have to ring for one to be setup.

Thank Post
    Username : admin
    Password :

So ignore the password field as by default there is no password to start with, there is also a supervisor account which is used to reset the admin account passwords

Same login as the admin account except you obviously use supervisor as the username

Thank Post
    cheers mac_shinobi
    that worked

Thank Post
    its very easy to setup the scanning to email plus you can import the information so it really takes no time. If you cant do it and your contract covers it then get an engineer to do it but they could do it from remote if you give them access. Its all done through the web admin.
    btw sometimes the password for the machines is aficio.

Thank Post
    I have guides on both if you need help on setting this up - although the guides I have currently dont have screen grabs ( well not all of them, only some of them )

Easy enough to setup scan to email , scan to folder, Scan to FTP ( require an FTP server or service of some description running in order to setup scan to ftp obviously )

Also you can setup LDAP on the copier so that it picks out the users email address via LDAP generally speaking from your Active Directory server assuming that every user account has the said users email address instead of manually programming in each users email address.

Depending on the age of your MFD will determine the password - as on the helpdesk they do have an excel spreadsheet which has 90% of all the logon info for there products

Quote Originally Posted by fiona_b View Post
    its very easy to setup the scanning to email plus you can import the information so it really takes no time. If you cant do it and your contract covers it then get an engineer to do it but they could do it from remote if you give them access. Its all done through the web admin.
    btw sometimes the password for the machines is aficio.
    Even on the helpdesk we have to talk you through it - only way we can remote onto the users computer is via remote software and only one or two people on the helpdesk have access to it due to licensing of the software but for the most part we normally send out guide(s) or talk the user through the setup - unless the user is too busy in which case we leave the call for an engineer to attend.

So if the user agrees we would remote onto there computer and from there access the web interface but when I was working there it was not very often that we did this - think I had only done this about 10 times at most and had worked on the helpdesk for about 2 years.

Most of it was down to emailing guides or walking people through it on the phone.

cheers mac_shinobi
    that worked
    No problem.
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 11th November 2010 at 09:02 AM.

Thank Post
    I'd love to see your guides - if you don't mind

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast