+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, BackupNT issue (says that it cannot find media) in Technical; Hi As title really. A colleague of mine has set a backup job on a server, and it worked for ...

Thank Post

BackupNT issue (says that it cannot find media)

Hi

As title really.

A colleague of mine has set a backup job on a server, and it worked for a full week with no issues. However, now we're into the second week of tapes (there are only two sets of them, and we're into the second one), and its stopped working.

The error states that the backup device or media could not be found.

Now, if i fire off a backup manually, it works fine, but, i have to press "yes" to overwrite data on the media (because we're just doing full backups).

I think that the backups worked on the first week of tapes because they were empty. I also think that the second week tapes are failing becuase data is already on them (because i have to say "yes" to overwrite data on them when i do a manual backup)

So, my question is this...how do i put a switch in to force the tape to be formatted/fully overwritten during the backup job? I've done some google work, and read that i need to put in a "/um" switch...but i can't figure out where i need to put it in the scheduled task.

Here's the scheduled task string:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.7028SVR01\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\Ganton.bks" /n "Media created 30/09/2010 at 14:04" /d "Set created 30/09/2010 at 14:05" /v:no /r:no /rs:no /hcn /m normal /j "Ganton" /l:s /p "8mm AIT"

Any ideas?

Many thanks

(and sorry for the essay)

Thank Post
    Sorted

FYi, adding the "/um" switch at the end of the scheduled task string corrected the problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread