I've got an old SQL 2000 Server which I want to move to a new server, running SQL Express 2005. I can restore the database to the new server no problems, but all of the date fields in my new database have changed.
I.e In the old DB, I had a lot of datetime fields with a size of 8 (i.e 01/12/2010) as all that is required is the actual date. Now all of these fields appear as 01/12/2010 00:00:00 and this screws up all of my queries. The size is still showing in the new DB as 8, but its obviously got the time in there as well.
Am I doing something wrong here, I don't recoding every date reference to cope with this!
Ahhh I've found what was going wrong. The login in the new DB had defaulted to the British English language, on the original the login as English (as in US English) so the queries were coded to suit the US style of reverse dates.
Setting the Login to English and the queries are working again. Simple fix but an easy one to miss!
Thanks for the info though - I was hoping I wouldn't have to recode or redesign the tables!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)