+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Email Problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified 5.4.7 in Technical; I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on an email problem we are experiencing. We ...
    Thank Post

Email Problem: Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified 5.4.7

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on an email problem we are experiencing.

We are currently waiting for some automatically generated information from Edexcel. After many phone calls to edexcel, i have found out why the emails are not coming through, apparently edexcel are getting bounce backs from our mail server which no-one has told me about. The error they are getting is Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified error number: 5.4.7.

Is this a problem at my end or their end? and how do i sort it out.

Thanks

Tim

Thank Post
    Check whether they can reply to an email of yours, that contains only plain text.

Does your ISP do email filtering for you? You can check their logs - ours tends to reject any attachments that can't be opened for scanning - so that might be an issue...

Thank Post
    I received an email from them from the edexcel.com domain this morning with the bounce back email so plain text comes through but they will not tell me if they are sending the passwords from another domain. I did ask them if they could email me directly but they said no, they cannot email to the outside world.... great!

I also sent them an email on Friday to see if they could help me out, again, no response, not even a phone call.

I don't think our ISP does our filtering for us, no, as we have had to buy some anti-spam software for our exchange box as we were getting far too many spam emails... i have tried to get incontact with our ISP this morning on serveral occassions, waiting on the phone for 30mins listening to random music but i will keep trying.

I have been doing a bit of reading and i personally think the problem lies at their end... I know from experience that AOL have the same problem, if a user sends emails to an AOL email address, AOL will probably bounce it back, so we have to use a smarthost to get emails through to them. I have suggested this to edexcel, but it all depends on if they listen to a school systems manager... to them, a big company like edexcel, what am I???? Nothing....

Thank Post
    I dunno if this is coindicence but 40 mins later after emailing edexcel with a possible solution about adding smarthosts to their exchange box, my 3 staff colleagues get their passwords at 11:31....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread