+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exceeding Profile Storage Space in Technical; Not sure if I am missing something here: We have mandatory profiles. Profile space is limited for ordinary users to ...
    Thank Post

Exceeding Profile Storage Space

Not sure if I am missing something here:

We have mandatory profiles. Profile space is limited for ordinary users to 10000Kb by group policy. Recently though we have had a number of users unable to log out because they are being told they have exceeded their profile storage space. These are accounts that have been running fine for months.

Have I got a gremlin or am I being dense and missing something? Or is it that programs are getting hungrier and I need to up the profile storage space? I've just had this happen to a user who logged in and just used Mathletics, nothing else. Ordinary users shouldn't be able to install stuff anyway. When I looked at the profile, the biggest file was Java related.

Thank Post
    OK, I have now worked out that this is actually only happening on one machine. There is a suite of 31 identical machines, and this is happening now on one machine. I keep coming in to find that the machine is still on and logged in. We are using XP Professional on these. I have deleted the cached profiles from this machine, and that seems to stop the problem for a while, but then it starts again. Can't understand why this is only one machine. Not affecting one particular user, just this machine. Anyone any ideas?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread