+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Winsuite in Technical; Hello, Can anyone please help me with regards to the winsuite. I am running winsuite on windows 2003, I am ...

Thank Post

Question Winsuite

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with regards to the winsuite. I am running winsuite on windows 2003, I am having difficulties adding a members on winsuite admin console. I am following the procedure by creating the csv file and then via smcsvnt.ext i am adding a members, However those members are successfully added under the Active Directory but they are not appearing in winsuite admin console. I understand I need to logon on the user machine as a user to update the winsuite but still those members are not appearing on winsuite admin console. Please note that are appearing on Active Directory and they have been added via winsuite.

Anyone please help me with this problem. Thanks

Thank Post
    you need to log on to the winsuite admin console and choose to update the records - I forget where exactly it is because I have moved from winsuite to scripts for setting up new users in bulk.

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    Thanks for the response Hedghog!! I can not find any thing says update the records on winsuite admin console, However there is a option under View menu which Refresh the list of users and group which I did but still those members are not appearing. Please help me with this issue as I had enough with this problem.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    From memory - the functio withing Winsuite to add users via csv to AD - is just that an easy way to add users to AD. Winsuite get's its list of users from AD regardless of how they were added to AD in the first place.

AFAIR Winsuite was always very slow at updating its list of users. We always told new users to wait 24hrs before their account would be live. You can log on to the user machine as an admin and run the Winsuite administrator and this should pull down the current list of valid users to that machine - but that is a single machine fix and not a network wide fix. Either log on to every machine of wait 24hours.

The other thing you can check is the users group memberships in AD. If they are not members of the correct groups then Winsuite might not pick them up.

Thank Post
    Also if they are in a new group, you need to ensure you have enabled the group and the logon style to suit. You can change it so users can select their group/username from a pull down list.

*Note: This is from memory, it's been a while since I used winsuite. And as Hedghog says, you need to update the winsuite admin>then get an existing user to logon to the client before it will populate the new users on the client machine.

Thank Post
    They are staff and therefore those members are on the staff group under AD but still they are not appearing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alizpak View Post
    They are staff and therefore those members are on the staff group under AD but still they are not appearing.
    but are they also a member of the group (NOT OU staff) so for example most of my staff are members of the staff group but some are also members of other groups so they can delete/add files where other staff members cant as winsuite only looks at group membership as ous are only there to make it easy for admins to find things
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    I have checked that as well, they are all the also members of domain users as well. but still nothing is sorted. One thing which I wanted to mention, When I am logging as an administrator on a network pc and try to winsuit Administrator console I get an error that it cant be open.. would that causing a problem?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alizpak View Post
    I have checked that as well, they are all the also members of domain users as well. but still nothing is sorted. One thing which I wanted to mention, When I am logging as an administrator on a network pc and try to winsuit Administrator console I get an error that it cant be open.. would that causing a problem?
    the share with the admin program on is created with a maximum of 5 users allowed it probably just means the server thinks 5 users are still accessing it

Thank Post
    Sorry I coudnt understand what you mean by that.

Thank Post
    He means either you are already logged into the console(maybe alternative machine) or it thinks you are already logged on. Either way you need to check and close any other sessions if this is the problem before the admin console with run.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    He means either you are already logged into the console(maybe alternative machine) or it thinks you are already logged on. Either way you need to check and close any other sessions if this is the problem before the admin console with run.
    or change the share settings to a higher/unlimited number

Thank Post
    That bit is now sorted and I can access the winsuite through user pc's, However 2 new members accounts problem is still there I can not see them on the winsuite, However they are on AD. OhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Thank Post
    Have you restarted the admin console? Alternatively do as others have suggested and wait until tomorrow to see if it updates. I dont use winsuite anymore and this is all from memory sorry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread