+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, DHCP 066 in Technical; I'm not an expert on DHCP by any means, we don't really use it much but have a DHCP server ...

Thank Post

DHCP 066

I'm not an expert on DHCP by any means, we don't really use it much but have a DHCP server assigning 10.201.201.1 - 10.201.201.255 addresses.

I'm setting up a FOG server and need to modify the Option 066 for PXE boot, now I know how to do this however the option is already in use as we have several Sun thin client devices using this option to connect to Sun Solaris server!

How can we make Sun and FOG work happily together?

(The weird thing is we still have a Novell Zenworks server in place which comes up at PXE boot even though I can see no reference whatsoever to it within the Windows DHCP scope or service!)

Thank Post
    Hi there,

These days in most Sun Ray configurations it is not 'essential' to have option 66 in place as the Sun Ray will try 3 different ways of finding a server (DHCP Options, DNS Entries, Broadcast). Is this a system you support yourself or do you have a support partner? (If the latter, mention the DNS Method to them and see if they can help you).

We have FOG running alongside Sun Ray in a few deployments and they are fine together.

If you're seeing the Novell Zenworks server it's possible you have some dhcp helpers of sorts on your switching or more likely when the lan booting computer is asking for PXE this server is replying, might be worth disconnecting it temporarily to see if it then goes and finds the FOG box.

Hope this helps,
    Kim

Thank Post
    Hi Kim

After contacting our support company they said we could just remove the Sun from 066 is as it only used for Firmware updates

As the Staples advert says

"That was easy"!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread