+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Home Folder Drive Mapping Problem in Technical; I am running server 2000, and am trying to map the home folder of a user to U: \fileserver\user$ The ...

Thank Post

Home Folder Drive Mapping Problem

I am running server 2000, and am trying to map the home folder of a user to U: \\fileserver\user$
    The share, user$, has already been created on the fileserver, which is the same server that runs the active directory that is controlling this user account. When i try this, it tells me that it cant map the home folder because it already exists. Please help.

Thank Post
    What I would do is try looking on the machine first and see if anything is using the letter H as it's drive name. It could be reserved for removable disks.

You'll find this out by right clicking My Computer and clicking "Manage". Click "Disk Manage" and see whether, in the grey, anything is using the letter drive U. If it is, either right click on the disk thats using it, and click "Change Drive Letter and Paths", remove the drive letter from in there, click add and chose another.

Thank Post

RE

I checked this. I checked on the server, and nothing is using the drive letter. I also have another problem now. For my DHCP service, when I click on the server, it says that the service is not running. I have restarted, stopped, and started the service, reset the computer, and even reinstalled the DHCP service. Still nothing. This is interfering with my IIS, which says that it can't start because the address is already in use. I have already cleared out the ports that it uses and still nothing. WINS is also down. This is a fresh install of server, with SP4. I don't understand why all of these things are going wrong. WINS says the same thing: that the service is not running on the server.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread