+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange 2003 question in Technical; We are running an exchange 2003 box here and have been for some time now, the problem I have is ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2003 question

We are running an exchange 2003 box here and have been for some time now, the problem I have is the server is on the curric domain, and allows all users from the curric domain on through outlook with no problems, the admin domain though, when I setup the accounts for each admin user I had to create an account on the curric domain for them to be able to use outlook, this means that they have to enter a new set of logon details when they open outlook. Is there a way round this, where the users from the admin domain can have their mailboxes associated with their accounts so they don't have to enter logon details when they open outlook?

I will admit I don't know much about exchange, so for it to be working at all was a major achievement for me back when I set it up originally, but now i'm trying to sort out the little things that I don't like to make it more user friendly for the admin users.

Thank Post
    Are your admin and curric networks completely seperate AD domains with no existing trusts in place?

Thank Post
    there are trusts in place

Thank Post
    From the sounds of it, this may be what you're looking for:

Understanding and using the External Associated Account in Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003

The other thing I would consider doing is looking towards merging your admin and curric domains - it's something we've done here, and it makes administration and numerous other things a lot easier. There are some guides around as to how to do it (search for one school one network in google), and ADMT makes things fairly simple with regards to moving both User accounts and Computers across (you can also then free up some tin for other things, or energy savings or many other things).

Cheers

Will

5. Thanks to Willott from:

dezt (29th October 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread