+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Server major issue (TS/Print) in Technical; Hello All, Very weird one. I have a Terminal Server that is also a print server causing some major issues. ...

Thank Post

Server major issue (TS/Print)

Hello All,

Very weird one. I have a Terminal Server that is also a print server causing some major issues. It has happened three times now but at totally random times. It is running 2003.

When the issue occurs all users can not logon it looks like their profiles are loading but just taking ages e.g. 30mins! I have by process of elimination and server \ infrastructure checks been able to narrow it down to our print \ TS server.

Upon a restart or disconnection of this server all goes back to normal. I see no alerts in event logs and traffic levels appear normal at the times that it occurs. There are some map printer scripts that rely on the server at logon and this is the only thing that I have thought of linking the problem as you see only minor delays if you are already logged on.

Before it was narrowed down to the TS\Print server it looked like a broadcast storm. Nothing in the event logs looks untoward. memory leak maybe???

I hope that this is understandable. I am going to do some hardware checks on the server next...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Thank Post
    I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear but I would move the print server roll to another device.

Best practice dictates that Windows Terminal Services should be run on a dedicated server

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread