+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Roaming profile folder vs the local who wins? in Technical; We are rigging up our roaming profiles for our budding students, an oddity that concerns me while setting it up ...

Thank Post

Roaming profile folder vs the local who wins?

We are rigging up our roaming profiles for our budding students, an oddity that concerns me while setting it up was.

we had 2 computers to test the same account with.

we logged on to computer 1 before we had setup the shared profileroot share on the server, it logged in fine and created a local profile under the usual documents and setting\username.

Anyway realising the error of our ways, we created the shared profileroot$ share, re-pointed the profile path in AD, logged out of computer1.

we then re-logged in computer1, checked the profileroot$ share, and no profile folder,

thinking it was a permission fault, checked that all users had read write access to the profileroot$ share, which was the case.

logged out and logged in a few times on computer1, thinking it was a delay on the DC's yielded no desired result.

logged on in computer2, surprise surprise, the users profile folder was created as it normally would be, when we logged off the hive data and the relevant folders where uploaded.

meanwhile back on computer1, it was having none of it, until we nuked the local profile.

My question, how can I ensure the profile on the server takes the lead when I potential clash occurs?

Thank Post
    Well it appears a total reboot on the machine in question cured this one, there must be some sort of local profile caching going on, but after a reboot of computer1, the user started to write its profiledata to our shared profileroot$ on the server.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread