+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Windows Server 2000/2003 Thread, Exchange 2003 OAL Issue in Technical; Hi, I have recently moved Exchange 2003 onto a new server using the following information " How to remove the ...
  1. #1
    phughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Burnley
    Posts
    77
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Exchange 2003 OAL Issue

    Hi,

    I have recently moved Exchange 2003 onto a new server using the following information "How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group" and am experiencing some sync / send receive errors on completion.

    Error from the client "0x08004010F" Object could not be found.

    Error from server when trying to rebuild the OAL "OALGen encountered error [0x80040107] while calculating the OALs".

    Basically the OAL is missing and cannot rebuild itself. I have tried various things such as creating a new OAL and re-naming it something different and setting it as default. But Event Viewer shows the server error above at schedule update time.

    I can stop the clients from downloading the OAL through Send/Receive Settings, but I would much prefer a fix as i'm sure there would be reprocussions from doing this.

    Has anyone had a smiliar error and have any advice or suggestions for me?

    Thanks,
    Pete

  2. #2
    phughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Burnley
    Posts
    77
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Guys?! Any ideas?

  3. #3
    phughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Burnley
    Posts
    77
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Well guys, i fingured it out.

    After researching the problem, i found that the error messages were telling me that the GAL or OAB could not be found. Even though i had created a new one and set it as default? It failed to rebuild and so i checked the settings on the "Admin Groups -> FAG -> ServerName -> FST -> Mailbox store -> Properties" and browsed to the new offline address list i had created on the general tab.

    I had not changed this setting to the new OAL i had created and set to default.

    This may help someone else with a similar problem.

    Thanks,
    Pete




SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th September 2008, 10:34 AM
  2. Upgrading exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007
    By ful56_uk in forum Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th April 2008, 09:36 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st November 2006, 12:49 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th May 2006, 03:48 PM
  5. Exchange 2003 and Server 2003 SP1 issue.
    By tosca925 in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st August 2005, 11:32 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •